Toggle mobile menu visibility

Anti-social behaviour on council estates

There are a number of ways that we can help tackle anti-social behaviour (ASB) on council estates.

Find out more about anti-social behaviour Anti-social behaviour

What can you do about it?

  • The first step, if you can, is to talk to the person who is causing the annoyance. They may not realise that their behaviour is affecting others, and their actions may not be deliberate or intentional.
  • In some cases you may not feel able to take this first step yourself, so in these situations you should contact your area housing office, who will help you sort the problem out.
  • The area housing offices are supported by the Neighbourhood Support Unit (NSU) in combating ASB.
  • You can report ASB to us online
  • Remember, criminal acts, including threatening and abusive behaviour should be reported to the police immediately
  • You can also contact Crimestoppers on a freephone number 0800 555 111

Report anti-social behaviour on council estates

If you are a council tenant or live on a council estate and are being affected by anti-social behaviour, let us know so that we can help deal with it.

What happens after you report anti-social behaviour

Your initial complaint will be investigated either by the area housing office or by the Neighbourhood Support Unit (NSU).

Anti-social behaviour

Anti-social behaviour (ASB) is when someone or groups of people act in a way that causes harassment, alarm or distress to others.