Toggle mobile menu visibility

Find a home

There are a number of different options and types of housing available if you are looking for a home.

Council housing and tenancy information

Local authority housing or council housing is long term, low cost accommodation. You will need to complete an application to join our housing needs register.

Housing associations

Housing associations are social landlords similar to the council and offer homes on a long term and relatively low cost basis in many areas throughout Swansea.

Independent living (sheltered housing)

Independent living accommodation will provide you with a self-contained property to enable you to continue to live independently, but with a dedicated warden who you are able to contact via an intercom system without leaving the property.

Supported housing

If you need a fairly high level of support in order to live in your own property then you may find supported housing is more suitable for you than living on your own.

Adapted housing

Help is available to adapt your current accommodation, or to find new suitable accommodation if you are elderly or have a disability.

Private rented housing

The demand for council and housing association accommodation is high and waiting times for accommodation in many areas is extremely long. You should therefore also consider renting in the private sector as an option.

Low cost home ownership and shared ownership

Low cost home ownership and shared ownership schemes give you the opportunity to own your own home at a lower cost.

Affordable housing

Homes that are available to rent or buy at less than market prices.

Council tenant transfers and swaps

You can transfer to other council housing or do a mutual home swap if you want to move house.

At risk of losing your home

If you are worried about being made homeless or are about to be made homeless then contact our Housing Options team as soon as possible so we can try to help keep you in your current accommodation or find you somewhere new.
Close Choose Language