Support for people affected by dementia.
Alzheimer's Society local services update:
Direct support for people affected by dementia:
- All face-to-face and home visits have currently been suspended.
- We will increase the number of keeping in touch telephone calls with service users to help support their wellbeing and guard against isolation.
- We will be extending the operating hours of our national Dementia Connect Support Line. Trained advisors can be contacted via 0333 150 3456 for advice and guidance.
- All local group sessions have been suspended.
- We are working with our volunteers to develop ways to continue to support group members via other methods.
- Advice and guidance on a range of issues is available on our website.
- We would encourage people to join Dementia Talking Point. This is our online community where people affected by dementia can receive valuable support from people in similar situations.
- People with questions about what they should be doing and how they should be interacting with people living with dementia at this time can access this guidance.
Any community groups or individuals that wish to support vulnerable adults during this time can contact Alzheimer's Society for information and guidance. This includes how to access our online Dementia Friends awareness sessions