Tourism Support Fund 2023-24
Supporting small accommodation operators in rural and semi-rural areas of Swansea
What is the Tourism Support Fund (TSF) for?
The Tourism Support Fund 2023-24 (TSF3) forms part of UK Shared Prosperity Fund and provides up to £10,000 to support small accommodation businesses based in rural or semi-rural parts of Swansea. The overall aim of the fund is to improve the quality of the offer, whether it is through achieving a higher Visit Wales / AA grading or enhancing the visitor experience.
This fund is available to established, small accommodation businesses (up to 25 employees) based in the rural or semi-rural areas of the City and County of Swansea. Mumbles will also be considered for applications.
Only one application per business. Recipients of TSF1 and TSF2 monies are not eligible.
What can the fund be used for?
Priority will be given to projects which are clearly aimed at improving the visitor experience through upgrading the accommodation offer or achieving higher grading.
Examples of what the fund may be used for include:
- Increased capacity - such as additional bedroom, en-suite facilities
- Walking / cycling facilities - such as drying room, bike wash / storage
- Accessibility improvements - such as better access, ramp, Changing Places
- Significant refurbishment - which will lead to improved grading
- New facilities / services - which will create a new, unique visitor experience
What can't the fund be used for?
You cannot claim for:
- Work that has already taken place or is under way
- Any expenditures incurred before funding is agreed, such as purchase of equipment, materials, any deposit paid, etc.
- Work relating to statutory obligations, such as accessibility, fire regulations, etc.
- Routine maintenance, upkeep or replacement costs
- Revenue costs, such as website, marketing/advertising, staff, consultancy, etc.
Timescale and delivery
Projects need to be completed and monies claimed by 29 November 2024.
How to apply
Applications for this fund are now closed.
If you have any enquiries, please email Tourism.Team@swansea.gov.uk