Search site

Retaining walls

If you are building a wall which is retaining land over 1.5 in height you will need to submit an application. This applies to new retaining walls or extending an existing one.

A retaining wall is a wall which supports earth or other similar material on one side. This means that the top level will be at least 1.5m higher on one side of the wall than the other.

How to apply

You need to submit a scaled location plan which must show the position of the wall and any adjoining boundaries or buildings. You should also include details of the construction and materials to be used and all calculations.

You should submit the retaining walls application form along with plans and documents. There is no charge for this application.

You can post the application to Swansea Building Control or bring it to the Contact Centre in the Civic Centre.

Planning permission

Remember you may also need planning permission for the work and you should contact Planning for advice.

Powered by GOSS iCM