Recycling centres on site rules
Read the rules to consider whether your trip is essential and what you need to do when at the recycling centre.
- You must not visit the recycling centre if you or anyone you are living with is in self-isolation or showing COVID-19 symptoms.
- You should only visit the recycling centre if it is absolutely essential, for example, because the build-up of waste in the home may pose a risk of injury or health.
- Please segregate your waste before coming to site to speed up your visit.
- Proof of residency may be undertaken - examples of proof would be Council Tax, recent utilities bill, driving licence.
- The number of vehicles on-site will be restricted and where possible vehicles should be driver only.
- You will need to wait at the site entrance until our staff allow you in. You MUST remain in your car whilst queuing. Once the permitted number of vehicles are on site, we will be operating a one-in, one-out system. The sites will be very busy and you should expect to queue to access the site.
- Social distancing measures must be adhered to at all times by both staff and visitors.
- To aid with social distancing pedestrians will not be allowed access to sites.
Black bags and non-recyclable waste are accepted at Llansamlet and Clyne recycling centres. Black bags are for non-recyclable waste only. Any bags containing recyclable items will not be accepted with only limited sorting available on site.
- No assistance will be given to offload materials by site staff so only bring what you can safely carry.
- A new traffic management system will be in place. Queuing outside of the sites will be restricted. If the queues spill out onto the public highway and cause a risk, Waste Management staff will ask people to leave and return another time.
- Please treat our staff and fellow site users with respect and consideration during this challenging period. Any incident/abuse of site staff or other users will not be tolerated. You could be asked to leave, banned from future visits and may involve police intervention.