Search site

Due to the Government restrictions in place to help limit the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) and protect public health, we are currently not making routine inspections of private rented properties and are putting new arrangements in place to deal with HMO licensing applications.


Updates will be posted here, but if you need to contact us please e-mail



Private Rented Housing

We oversee improvements and maintenance of private rented houses. A lot of our work is with Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO).

Many of the HMOs in Swansea are in the heavily populated student areas of the Uplands and Castle wards.  Primarily with HMOs, we are concerned with the condition of the property, the ratio of amenities to occupants, fire precautions and management.

We also deal with a large number of complaints from tenants of singly occupied properties.

Powered by GOSS iCM