Missed recycling and rubbish collection
Let us know if your rubbish or recycling hasn't been collected.
We will NOT be collecting garden waste between 4 December 2023 and 26 January 2024. You can take any garden waste produced during this period to your local recycling centre or store / compost it at home until collections restart.
Before you report a missed collection:
- wait until after 1.00pm on the day of your collection to give the crews enough time to have completed your area
- if your whole street hasn't been collected then we likely know about it and will return the next day to collect
- check for updates on social media: Swansea Recycles (Facebook)
We will arrange for a missed bin collection if:
- your bags have not been stickered or tagged
- your bins or bags contained the correct materials
- your bins and bags were put out on the correct collection day and week
- your bins or bags aren't too heavy
- your bins and bags were on the pavement before 6.00am on your collection day
- there have been no unscheduled disruptions to the service such as bad weather -we will post information on our website and our Twitter and Facebook accounts if there are problems
If your bins and bags were ready for collection you can report a missed collection to us. If your bins or bags were not ready then we will collect them on your next appropriate collection day or you can take them to a recycling centre.