Local Area Coordination
Finding help and support in your community.
What does a Local Area Coordinator do?
We can help anyone build relationships within their community. We support older people, disabled people, people with mental health problems, and their families and carers to:
- build their vision for a good life
- stay strong and connected
- feel safer and more confident in the future
How does it work?
We will take time to get to know you, your family and your community. We will support you to:
- access information in a variety of ways
- be heard, be in control and make choices
- identify your personal strengths, goals and needs
- find practical ways of doing the things you want or need to do
- develop and use personal and local networks
- plan for the future
- be part of and contribute to your community
- access support and services if required