Search site

You can now pay your rent, water bill, council tax or other council bills by debit or credit card (not cash) in Gorseinon District Housing Office.

How to pay your rent

Information to help explain how to pay your rent

The easiest way to pay your rent is by a weekly or monthly Direct Debit, but here is the full list of rent payment methods: 

Direct Debit

Please complete a PDF Document Direct Debit form (PDF, 139KB)Opens new window and return to: The Central Rents Team, 73 - 89 Ffordd Y Brain, Fforesthall, Swansea, SA5 5ED.  You can also email your request to: Rents team or ring 01792 601720 / 534094.

At the Post Office

You will need a Payment swipe card, ask your Rent Officer, or phone us on 01792 534094 / 601720.  Payments made on a Thursday or Friday using your payment swipe card will not show until the following week.


You can use your payment swipe card to pay at any retailer that displays the payzone logo. For a list of retailers please visit PayzoneOpens new window.  Or ask your Rent Officer where your nearest Payzone retailer is.

By contacting your rent officer

You can use a Visa, Mastercard, Maestro or Electron* by ringing 01792 601720/534094 in office hours. 


Pay your housing rent onlineOpens new window.  If you have any difficulties, please call us on 534094 / 601720 and we will assist you.

Bank transfer

You can pay your bill straight into the Council's bank account, but please remember to quote your reference / account number so we can allocate your payment to your account:

Lloyds Bank PLC, 802 Oxford Street, Swansea, SA1 3AF.

Sort code 30-00-00
Account number 00283290

Over the telephone

If you know your rent reference number, you can phone our automated service at any time

English - Phone 0300 456 2765

Welsh - Phone 0300 456 2775

If you do not know your rent reference please call 534094 / 601720 in office hours.

At your local district housing office                                          

At the following district housing offices:

You can pay by debit and credit card* only at:

Payments can also be made at the Civic Centre, Oystermouth Road, Swansea.

Employees of the City and County of Swansea who have a Council tenancy can pay their rent directly from their wages.  You will need to complete a PDF Document Rent from wages application form (PDF, 209KB)Opens new window.  You can also contact the Rents team to have a form sent to you.  


Powered by GOSS iCM