Toggle mobile menu visibility

Environmental permit

If your business can affect the environment through air, land or water pollution then you will need to apply for an environmental permit.

The permit contains conditions that help to keep the pollution under control.  Permits are divided into three categories: Part A(1), Part A(2) and Part B.

Part A permits control activities with a range of environmental impacts, including emissions to air, land and water; energy efficiency; waste reduction; raw materials consumption; noise, vibration and heat; accident prevention.

Part B permits control activities which cause emissions to air.

The permit your business needs depends on the specific processes involved and resulting emissions.  

How can I find out if I need a permit?

You can check if you need an environmental permit (opens new window) on the website.  You can also contact Pollution Control on 01792 635600 or email

In partnership with EUGO logo
How to apply

If you want to apply for an A2 or Part B permit please contact us so that we are able to assist you with your application.

You must complete the application form in full.  You will need to pay the application fee when you submit your form.


You must submit your fee with the application. 

If you apply by post you should make cheques payable to 'City and County of Swansea' and send it with your completed form.

Fees are set by the Welsh Government. You can find the latest fees and charges on the environmental permitting pages (opens new window) of their website.

Close Choose Language