Search site

Report a change of circumstances which may affect your Council Tax Reduction

If you receive Council Tax Reduction and your circumstances (or those of a member of your household) change you must contact us immediately because this can affect your entitlement to the reduction. You must also tell us if you change address.

Your Privacy

Swansea Council is the data controller for the personal information you provide on this form. Your information will be used in the exercise of our official authority and will not be used for any other purpose. We will not share your data with third parties unless we are required or permitted to do so by law.

Data protection law describes the legal basis for our processing your data as necessary for the performance of a public task. For further information about how Swansea Council uses your personal data, including your rights as a data subject, please see our corporate privacy notice on our website.


Click here to Report a change of circumstances online

If you do not tell us about a change in your circumstances within a month of the change you could lose out on any increase in benefit or if there is a decrease in benefit, you could end up with an overpayment, which you will have to pay back.

What changes should I tell you about?

These are some examples of changes you should tell us about. If you are not sure about whether to report a change, please contact us to check.

  • You and/or your partner are in receipt of/or become entitled to Universal Credit
  • Any change to your Universal Credit award.
  • A change in your income or the income of a household member like your partner, children or other people who live with you.
  • If you, your partner or a household member stop receiving Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance (income based), Employment and Support Allowance (income related) or Pension Credit (guarantee credit).
  • If you, your partner or a household member start work.
  • Changes in the number of people living with you.
  • If you change address.
  • If you go to prison.
  • If any of your children leave school.
  • If the amount of your childcare payments changes.
  • If you leave your address for a temporary period eg if you go into hospital or residential care.
  • If you decide to stay permanently in a residential care or nursing home.

If you are in receipt of Universal Credit you need to report any changes in your circumstances to the Universal Credit Services Centre telephone line on 0345 6000 723 or 0845 6000 723, they will then inform us of the change to your Universal Credit. 

Click here to Send us electronic copies of documents using our online form.  

You can print these forms off and have them completed and sent to us as evidence.

​For more information about how self-employment affects Council Tax Reduction check our self-employment information page.

If you cannot provide some of this evidence please contact us and we can talk about other ways we can get the proof, perhaps from another source.

Powered by GOSS iCM