Toggle mobile menu visibility

Construction works or alterations affecting / overhanging / projecting or encroaching into the highway

If you want to construct or alter your property in such a way that the result of the works project over, or encroach into the highway, you will need permission from us.

Permits will not be issued if there is interference or inconvenience to people using the highway or footpath.

You will need to have public liability insurance of at least £5 million. A copy of the current certificate of insurance must be provided with your application. You will be able to upload an electronic version as part of the form.

You will also need to provide copies of the site plan and location plan. Electronic versions of these plans can also be uploaded as part of the form. The copy of the site plan should show the applicant's property marked in red and proposed works. The location plan should be in a scale and should show the location of the site in relation to its surroundings.

A fee of £60.00 per application should be paid. You must submit your fee with the application.

Tacit consent

It is in the public interest that we must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please contact

If you have any problems with your application or would like more information then please contact us on 01792843330 or email

This form is available in Welsh - click on 'Cymraeg' in the top right corner of your screen.

Close Choose Language