Request a re-inspection of your food business online
If you have made improvements since your last visit you can request a re-inspection visit. There is a charge of £180 to do this.
You can apply online and pay for the re-inspection visit using the form below.
As the operator of a food business you have a right, under Section 12 of the Food Hygiene Rating (Wales) Act 2013, to request at any time an inspection for the purposes of re-rating. This is as long as you have paid the reasonable costs of the re-rating (Section 13 of the Food Hygiene Rating (Wales) Act 2013), unless the food authority does not ask for payment in advance (Section 12(6) of the Act), and the following conditions have been met:
- any appeal against the current food hygiene rating has been decided
- you have notified the food authority of improvements made to hygiene standards at the establishment
- the food authority considers it reasonable to further inspect and assess the establishment in view of the improvements said to have been made
- the current food hygiene rating sticker is displayed at your establishment in line with Section 7 of the Food Hygiene Rating (Wales) Act 2013 and regulation 9 of the Food Hygiene Rating (Wales) Regulation 2013
- you have agreed to make sure the food authority will be given access to carry out an inspection of the establishment for the re-rating.