Search site

Not happy with a Council Tax Reduction decision?

Do you disagree with a decision about your Council Tax Reduction claim?

When we make a decision, we send you a letter that tells you how your Council Tax Reduction was worked out. The letter will also tell you the start and end dates of your claim.

If you do not understand our decision or want to know more, please contact us as soon as possible to ask for more details.

If you are the person who claimed Council Tax Reduction and you think a decision that we have made about your reduction is incorrect you should write to us:

  • which decision you disagree with
  • the reasons why you disagree with it

You can download and complete the Council Tax Reduction Appeal form or write a letter to The Benefits Appeals Team, Civic Centre, Oystermouth Road, Swansea SA1 3SN.

PDF Document Council Tax Reduction Appeal/Dispute Form (PDF, 41KB)Opens new window

If you do not receive a reply from us within two months then you may appeal directly to the Valuation Tribunal Service for Wales. Your appeal to them must not be made later than four months from the date you wrote to us.

More information about appealing against the amount of Council Tax Reduction you have been allowed can be found on the Valuation TribunalOpens new window website.

Powered by GOSS iCM