Apply for free school meals
Fill out a form to apply for free school meals for your child.
It is important that the information you give us is for the parent/guardian who claimed the payment. Free school meals are available to families in receipt of one of the following payments:
- Universal Credit if your annualised net earnings are £7,400 or less
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue that does not exceed £16,190 and NOT receiving Working Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit (please note you will not be entitled to free school meals if you receive Working Tax Credit in any other circumstances).
Once the school has been notified that a pupil is eligible for free school meals they will contact the eligible carer to arrange registration for the bank payments. The carer will be sent an email to confirm the process.
DO NOT CONTACT the free school meals team with queries about these payments. Please contact your child's school.