Support the Glynn Vivian 2016 Fund
From 1 March 2016, the Association of Friends of the Glynn Vivian Art Gallery are launching a special Glynn Vivian 2016 Fund to help raise a target of £50,000 to support the Gallery's programmes upon reopening in autumn 2016.
The Fund aims to raise £50,000 in time for the reopening, in order to add value to what will be available in the new building.
It is anticipated that with the funds raised the Gallery will be able to:
- support the programme to conserve objects in the collections, including items donated by the Gallery's founder, Richard Glynn Vivian
- provide the new Learning Studio with equipment to help children, young people and members of the community take full advantage of learning activities
- prepare and publish a new visitor's guide to the Gallery and its collections
The Gallery will welcome old friends and new generations of visitors and residents, cementing Swansea as a major destination for the visual arts.
Every contribution, large or small, will make a direct impact on the way the Gallery can help everyone who uses it.
- A donation of £50 will help create a 'living painting' for visually impaired people
- £100 will conserve a miniature from the Richard Glynn Vivian collection
- £500 will buy a tablet computer for the exhibition rooms
- £1,000 will help towards the production of the visitor's guide
You can make your donation by simply going to the Friends website Friends of the Glynn Vivian Art GalleryOpens new window 'and making a direct bank transfer or a card payment through JustGiving
Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to seeing you in the autumn.
The redevelopment programme has been funded by the Arts Council of Wales, the Welsh Government, City & County of Swansea and supported by a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund.